Monday, March 18, 2013

LEMONADE OUT OF LEMONS...OR AT LEAST LOTS OF BAKED GOODS

Over the weekend our fridge died. 
Looks like the compressor went out.  I am still waiting for the warranty company to sent a repairman to come over and fix it.
 
I moved everything from the freezer side to our chest freezer, and then I moved things from the fridge side to the freezer side.  The melting ice was keeping things relatively cool for awhile.
 
 
 
 
For Sunday morning I made the biggest omelettes for everyone, with ton of eggs, ham, peppers, onions, and cheese.  I don't think anybody was hungry during the church!
 
 
By Sunday night it was getting pretty warm even inside the fridge, so I decided to do some baking to salvage what I could, before throwing everything else away. 
Once everyone went to bed, I started baking. 
 
To keep myself awake, I watched "Upstairs, Downstairs" episodes with my iPad.
 
 
By the time it was midnight I had piles of baked goods.
So, if nothing else...we will have lots of snacks for the upcoming week. 
Chocolate chip cookies, chocolate muffins and banana bread. 
I hope kids are in the mood for some snacking, since I have no room in the freezer for this stuff!